Duties and Responsibilities:
* Preparation and presentation of periodical Financial Statements in due time and in accordance with set deadlines, ensuring accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
* Compliance with statutory audit requirements
* Maintaining and keeping up-to-date the Project’s accounts, including the general ledger and analysis and petty cash books,
* Prepare and submit timely payments of stipends, staff salaries, payments to consultants and suppliers, monthly statutory returns; etc but taking advantage of credit lines provided;
* Safekeeping and updating all financial and administrative records, including employee files;
* Monthly reconciliation of the Project bank accounts, and the timely preparation of all routine financial statements, Statements of Expenditures and Withdrawal Applications for submission to TJN-A Funding Agencies;
* Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly budget implementation plans based on agreed work plans.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* University degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting
* At least three (3) years experience in financial management
* Familiarity with major donors’ accounting requirements and demonstrated ability to exercise basic financial oversight of grant programs
* Proficiency in written and spoken English
* Good command of accounting and other Computer Programs and Applications
* Strong Analytical and people management skills
* Proven Ability to work in a demanding Office environment
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are requested to submit their detailed CVs along with a letter motivating their interest in the position to the following address, and providing details of current remuneration, and the names and addresses of at least three (3) referees, not later than Friday, 13th of August, 2010.
Please consider your application to be unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date.
Tax Justice Network- Africa
P.O Box 25112 – 00100, Nairobi
Or Email: email@example.com