* Install, setup, and monitor local area network (LAN).
* Perform a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure LAN performance meets company and user requirements.
1. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
2. Regular Security checks and monitoring.
3. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
4. Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more UNIX-based or non-UNIX based operating systems.
5. Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software;
6. Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
7. Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, file servers, ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
8. Perform and/or oversee software and application installation, and upgrades.
9. Maintain site licenses for organization.
10. Plan and implement network security, including installing firewalls, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
11. Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
12. Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
13. Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
14. Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
15. Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
16. Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
17. Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
18. Administering and Maintenance Application Servers and databases.
19. Administering Patch Deployments and application updates and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
20. Engineering of solutions for various project and operational needs.
21. Application and Server Installations and configuring services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
22. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and documentation
23. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
24. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
25. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
26. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
27. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
28. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
29. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
30. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
31. Other duties as assigned.
* Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
* Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
* Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
1. Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages to include UNIX, VMS, or similar computer networks.
2. Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment.
3. hardware and software.
4. Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
5. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
6. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Education Level and experience
* University degree in Information Technology/related field
* With at least 5 years experience in a similar position
Qualified candidates should send detailed C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position applied for on your Email subject line.