Senior Accountant – Accounts Receivable
The successful candidate’s principal purpose will be effective credit management in line with company policies, procedures and objectives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Co-ordinates, directs and guides the operations of the Accounts Receivable section.
* Facilitates the maintenance of the customer master files to ensure complete, accurate and up to date information on the company’s customers.
* Manages Credit Control and ensures that customers adhere to the credit policy
* Prepares and circulates the monthly debtors’ reports for the Commercial businesses
* Prepares quarterly trade debtors provision schedules
* Reconciles the trade debtors control accounts and analyses other non-trading debtors accounts monthly.
* Ensures that proper filing practices are maintained to ensure the safe custody of, and easy access to all accounting documents generated by the Accounts Receivable section.
* Ensures compliance with the Accounts Receivable month-end cut-off procedures.
* Ensure the timely preparation and submission of SB14 as per the stipulated timelines, handling and resolution of mismatches.
* First degree, preferably in business preferably Accounting
* Experience in FMCG or Manufacturing environment ONLY
* Recognized professional accounting qualification, CPA level II and above
* Debt management is a prerequisite
* 2-4 years experience in a busy finance environment
* Excellent customer service
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Ability to multitask and work independently
* 80-100,000/= per month
If you meet the above criteria, and would like to be a part of the team, please send an application with a detailed C.V stating the position you are applying for, your experience, present employer, present position, current remuneration, list of at least 3 referees, day-time telephone numbers and email address to :- email@example.com immediately.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged