Skills and Qualifications
Required abilities and dispositions:
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation; ability to take responsibility in meeting deadlines and making progress without direct supervision.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Capacity and will to learn new software, research methods, and work routines quickly, flexibility in responding to new research opportunities as they arise.
- Motivation to engage in and manage a wide range of intellectual and physical work, ranging from preparing mass mailings to analyzing proposed data-collection designs.
- Strong existing computer skills with Microsoft Office (especially Access), SPSS statistical software, and general Internet and electronic communications.
- Articulate and tactful communications skills; readiness to meet and work directly with clients.
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Manage data collection projects by meeting paper and electronic mailing deadlines, entering data, transcribing tapes and handwritten notes; learn and use technology to do these tasks more efficiently.
- Assist staff in design and maintenance of online surveys and relational databases
- Prepare print documents, web pages, and other graphics using Word, Dreamweaver, and illustration packages.
- Assist staff in writing code and analyzing data in SPSS and Stata statistical packages.
- Assist staff and clients in the design, execution and evaluation of research projects, including literature reviews, surveys, focus groups, data integration and analysis.
- Produce written, tabular and visual materials for research reports and presentations in Tableau.