Laboratory and Allied a fast growing pharmaceutical and medical company dealing in the production of both Human and Veterinary products is currently looking for the most competent and suitable personnel to fill the vacancy positions of an Imports Clerk.
She/he will be reporting to the Managing Director.
Job Responsibilities And Duties
- Responsible for arranging and completing all associated paperwork, and checking to ensure that all the documents on the nature of the goods being imported are legal and legitimate like import quotas, tariffs, trade agreements, revenue, corporate policies and import laws.
- To check and confirm that all the goods received in the company against paperwork to ensure all goods ordered are accounted for.
- Deal with quotes from prospective shippers and handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur.
- Provide efficient delivery logistics through data management by filling out import-documentation, compile carrier and route assignments, compute international fees for each shipment and keep track of shipment payments and quotas using automated systems that can identify shipments.
- Collect data and register packages with government agencies.
- Track shipments and communicate with clients about the package's progress.
- Academic Qualification
- Diploma holder in Business Administration.
- Must have at least five years working experience as an import clerk.
- They should have knowledge of customs documentation.
- They must be familiar with the legal requirements, customs and policies regarding importing shipments
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Good numeric skills and administrative skills.
- Must be familiar with computer software programmes e.g. Microsoft office, Excel etc.
Kindly send your CV’s, copy of the Identification Card and other testimonials either through hand delivery or email to email@example.com.
Only successful applicants will be shortlisted and an interview will be conducted.