Athletics Kenya wishes to hire a Secretary General/ CEO.
This is a position for a seasoned, proactive, independent thinking and results oriented professional.
The position holder will be responsible to the Executive Board for the overall management and administration of the Federation.
Key deliverables for the position include:
- Developing and recommending to the Board the long term strategy, business plans, and annual operating budgets and establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures.
- Facilitating compliance with internal and external regulatory agencies on guidelines for management and marketing of athletics in line with IAAF and CAA legislation and regulations.
- Coordinating and leading preparation of business related proposals for sponsorship for consideration by the Board.
- Formulating, implementing and monitoring athletics development policies.
- Administration of all the resources and activities of the Board.
- Ensuring continuous achievement of AK’s financial and operating goals /objectives.
- Serving as the Secretary to the Board.
Requirements For The Position:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Engineering, Commerce, Law, Economics, Business Administration, or a sports related degree from a recognized university.
- At least 10 years of experience, five of which must have been in senior management.
- Experience in sports management will be an added advantage.
- 35-45 years of age.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing athletics.
- Proven knowledge/ experience of sports marketing including development of funding proposals and follow up to mobilise resources and sponsorship.
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial, procurement and human resource management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and network effectively locally and internationally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized and able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy including standard office applications and experience in working with databases and management systems software.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. And
- Be of highest ethical, personal and professional standing with clarity of vision and professional credibility.
Applications must include a covering letter, copies of relevant certificates and detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a day time phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8 August 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted