Our client is in urgent need to recruit an Engineering Manager to take up responsibilities for a current operation and for the new factory project.
The candidate must have a BTech/BEng in Mechanical Engineering and at least 10 years’ experience in the FMCG Industry.
Please feel free to apply if you are from outside Kenya, i.e. South Africa or Zimbabwe, we shall consider an expatriate remuneration package.
He reports to the Operations Manager
Staff reporting to him:
- Workshop fitters / machinists, welder & plumber
- Maintenance fitters / mechanical and electrical
His initial responsibilities are:
- If required, re-Structure the Maintenance Department according to best practice
- Evaluate qualifications and capabilities of existing staff on hand, implement training programs for potentials
- Terminate and replace if necessary, recruit additional if required
His main responsibilities in the current manufacturing facility are:
- Establish, implement and execute preventive maintenance for all production- and auxiliary equipment and machinery to ensure maximum utilization for production
- Plan and execute annual overhaul works as per, over the year monitored and recorded break-down records, required works or replacements
- Prepare annual maintenance budget, implement cost-monitor & cost-control systems bases on utilization and efficiencies of M&E
- Ensure sufficient stocks of spares to prevent excessive down-time of M&E
- Keep updated on new processes and equipment, communicate with industry and suppliers
- His main responsibilities for the new factory project are:
- Support senior management in developing the most efficient factory lay-out, M&E foot-print considering best processing procedures and logical material through-put
- Liaise with architect and contractors on project management-control basis, oversee all construction and civil-works and installations of M&E, electrics, utilities, etc.
- Report in-time to senior management on progress, completion of work-stages and possible delays
- Travel overseas to certify, commission on-site filling- and packaging equipment as per specifications and performance trial-runs
- Train relevant engineering staff.
Salary: 300, 000 - Ksh.400, 000
Deadline: 10th August 2012
Deadline: 10th August 2012
Please send an up to date CV, stating your current salary, accompanied by at least 3 referee telephone numbers/email addresses to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Recruitment & Training, Rhino House, Karen Road, Karen.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please indicate in your email which position you are interested in.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job