Pacis Insurance Company wishes to recruit an experienced, dynamic, innovative and hard working individual to fill the following position.
Underwriter – CBD Branch
Nature and Scope
To manage and service intermediary and direct business to ensure retention and growth at the branch.
- Attend queries within the standards of service.
- Prepare documentation as per the standards of service.
- Issue motor, confirmations of cover and marine certificates of insurance on request within authority limits
- Document claims for transmission to head office for processing
- Debiting of premium new business, endorsements and renewals for all agents and direct clients within the month of risk.
- Prepare and dispatch renewal notices as per standards of service and negotiate on renewal terms where applicable.
- Follow up on renewals
- Prepare timely and accurate quotations as per the underwriting manual
- Collection of full premium for all business accepted.
- Assist the branch manager in ensuring the branch is running efficiently
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Degree in business
- Professional training or progress such as IIK Diploma or ACII
- Knowledge of Business Administration skills
- Minimum 7 years relevant underwriting experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Good Computer skills
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, email your application, detailed CV indicating current position and telephone contacts and preferred pay to the underwriting manager firstname.lastname@example.org – EMAIL TITLED UNDERWRITER‐CBD not later than 17th July, 2012
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.