To help their clients or employers, real estate accountants prepare financial records and reports for a variety of real estate transactions, which can include property sales, rentals, leases and time-sharing.
Reports may include items such as development expenses, operational costs and profits.
Develop revenue and expenditure cycle reports, lease abstracts, cash basis income statements and other budget-related items for real estate companies.
Provide investment analysis and planning for organizations seeking to acquire and develop property.
Coordinate appraisal, asset evaluation and capitalization activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable
- Funding requests
- Enter payables
- Process checks
- Calculate management fees
- Contingent rent
- Tenant billing
- Cash Posting
- Reconcile bank statements
- Monitor parking receipts
- Maintain and generate rent roll
- Collections of past due rents
- Preparation of monthly financials
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Annual budget
- Rent schedules
- Operating expense reconciliations
- Bill for property tax payments
- The accountant works very closely as a partner with on-site property management personnel in achieving overall property management goals.
- The accountant will be responsible for the full accounting cycle from generating tenant rent statements, to applying cash receipts, to issuing vendor checks and then complete preparation of a full set of financials and supporting schedules by specified deadlines.
- The accountant is also responsible for cash management for the portfolio as well.
- All financial statements and supporting schedules are customized to accommodate the needs of the client and/or property management.
Experience with investment companies, experience in public accounting and private accounting, being familiar with internal rate of return calculations
- MBA in Finance
- A BA/BS degree is required in accounting/finance or equivalent extensive accounting experience
- At least 5 years of accounting experience with an accent on the real estate industry.
- General Ledger Experience: Creating journal entries, establishing accruals, and actual preparation of financial statements
- Experience in handling financial reporting for multiple entities is a plus
- Able to quickly adapt to fast paced environment and learn
- Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before end of day 12 July 2012.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted