Columbia Global Centers | Africa is part of Columbia University’s global network of centers, which together aim to create opportunities in research, scholarship and teaching around the world, and expand Columbia’s mission as a global university.
Established in Nairobi in 2011, CGC Africa links the continent to Columbia’s scientific rigor, technological innovation, and academic leadership.
It provides Columbia students and academics with base from which to conduct research in and for Africa, in disciplines including sustainable development, urban planning and climate change.
The Center also contributes to the fight against poverty under the umbrella of the Millennium Development Goals, and works closely with policy makers, governments, and regional and African institutions, providing them with objective, science-based advice.
The Center invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Human Resources Manager.
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the Deputy-Director of the Center, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for establishing and providing professional and effective human resource services.
- Develop and monitor Human Resource strategies into the organization’s overall mission and operational strategy.
- Manpower planning and management of the recruitment process.
- Develop and implement performance evaluation and reward systems.
- Provide specific advice and guidance to Management and employees on a variety of Human Resource issues.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective Human Resources database and reporting system.
- Lead on specific Human Resource projects.
- A degree in Human Resource management or relevant field (e.g. business administration, law etc.)
- At least 5 years relevant experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and establish personal credibility.
- High integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain working relationships and credibility across the organisation
- Excellent communications skills including verbal and written communications skills in English and presentational skills.
- Excellent organisational skills (planning, prioritization, follow up, methodical approach)
- Attention to detail, good numerical skills and data management experience.
- Experience in computerised HRIS systems
- Solid understanding of tax and employment legislation in Kenya
- Work experience in a multi-cultural setting.
Applications for this position should be sent to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, 15th August, 2012.
The CV should include contacts of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.