Finlays is a vertically integrated and geographically diversified agri-business that takes a leadership role in sustainability.
The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with a deep knowledge and passion for its products.
Sustainability is pivotal to the group’s success and it lies at the heart of what Finlays does and stands for.
Finlays is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing over 22,000 people and annually exporting over 300 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables, 26 million kilos of black tea and 3 million kilos of tea extract.
The organization is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha, Kericho, Mt. Kenya and Mombasa and works with 1,200 vegetable out growers and 10,000 tea out growers.
We need a dynamic and highly motivated individual with a drive to perform and succeed to fill the above vacant position in our Kericho operation.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Sawmill, the job holder will be in charge of maintenance and servicing of all Sawmill machinery and equipment. The key result areas for this position include:
- Carrying out routine service for all machines and equipment and preventive maintenance
- Making basic repairs, adjustments and inspections and record them.
- Following up all service schedules
- Working with technicians during servicing and repairs
- Assisting the store in setting up minimum stocks of sawmilling spares parts
The ideal candidate must possess the qualifications and competencies outlined below:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Plant Option) or its equivalent
- At least five years working experience in a technical supervisory role within a busy Sawmill
- Experience with modern band saw machinery as well as circular saws
- Experience with blade sharpening for all sawmill machinery
- Experience with wood shaping and planning machinery
- A person of high integrity with ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Must be used to being on call during odd hours and physically capable of working long hours when necessary.
How to apply
If you are interested in and meet the requirements of this position, please submit an application including a detailed CV, your postal and email addresses, telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees one of whom must be your current or latest employer.
Your applications should reach us not later than 31 August 2012 and be addressed to:
Human Resource Executive
P O Box 223 – 20200
Fax: 052 – 32053
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted