Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
IR-Kenya program seeks to recruit the following position:
Duty Station: 30% Nairobi and 70% Field (Wajir, Mandera and Dadaab)
Under the supervision and direction of the Country Director, the Security Coordinator will effectively implement all appropriate risk management strategies, related to the safety and security, and the protection of assets in Country.
Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the management, implementation and oversight of all security operations in support of staff and programme activities.
- Ensure all functions mentioned below are carried out in an efficient and effective manner whilst providing maximum security support to field operations;
- Manage and coordinate security operations ensuring that security procedures are implemented and followed as per the Country Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Coordinate all emergency/crisis management assets providing a timely and coherent response to incidents as they arise;
- Provide additional operational support and guidance to the field security teams as required;
- Liaise with and report to the Country Director to ensure that all relevant security information is disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate offices, their staff and other stakeholders as required;
- Task and guide field security teams and personnel to conduct security assessments and threat analysis as required, and where necessary provide feedback on proposed mitigation strategies for Area and Districts threats;
- Assist in the design and implementation of project related security strategies, security policies/standards and establish a concrete course of action for their implementation and review;
- Liaise with the Operations Department to ensure that training procedures and policies are implemented within the project to an acceptable standard;
- Liaise with other agencies Security focal persons; Govt, UN, INGO’s, Local CBO’s and other stakeholders
- At least 7 (seven) years of progressively responsible experience in security operations and information management in a police or military environment;
- Past experience with INGO’s
- Strong technical competencies in safety management and experience with the NGO security management framework
- Experience in participatory training in safety related subjects
- Familiarity with humanitarian operations, backed up by relevant experience in complex emergencies (ideally in a range of locations)
- An ability to exercise sound and strong management skills in times of crisis and emergencies.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in security operation and information management skills.
- High standard of computer literacy and an excellent knowledge of security information related liaison and analysis.
Qualified candidates to send their applications and CV to: Human Resources Coordinator
Islamic Relief Kenya Programme,
P. O. Box 417 – 00202
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To reach us not later than Friday 7th September, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.