Funding Officer, Somalia
National Level D2
Contract Type: Fixed Term (1 Year)
Who we are
- Oxfam GB has been assisting the population of Somalia since the 1960s with interventions focusing mainly on livelihood and public health sectors, including water and sanitation interventions.
- The southern Somalia response began in 2005-2006 with the delivery of a humanitarian programme integrating water, sanitation, public health promotion, food security and livelihoods interventions in Lower Shabelle, Benadir/Mogadishu, Lower Juba, Middle Juba and Gedo regions.
- Since July 2011, we scaled up our activities with our annual operating budget increasing from 4.5 to 21GBP million due to the drought response.
- As a result, new donors have been brought on board with more contracts to manage, several reports to compile and additional fundraising to be done especially for the Somaliland programme.
- This will require additional expertise to improve contract management and support in fundraising activities.
- The person will ensure high quality management of contracts for the Somaliland programme including submission of timely and quality reports to maximise income from our donors and achieve planned Income targets.
- He/she will provide support and advice to the Programme team on partner assessment, analysis of partner budget proposals and interpretation and quality check of financial reports from partners to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- The person will establish and maintain linkages with the donor in collaboration with the funding manager and ensure that all technical donor requirements are applied & maintained by the consortium members.
- He/she will also ensure adherence to set deadlines of narrative and financial reports to donors.
What we are looking for
- To be successful in this role you will have at least a Degree in Business Administration, International
- Relations, Social sciences or equivalent.
- You will bring 2 years extensive experience in funding
management, finance and donor contract management with major funding institutions/INGOs/UN
- Proven experience in negotiating with donors, excellent communication, facilitation and representation skills as well as computer literacy, attention to detail and fluency in English language is a requirement.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to Somaliland (50%) and experience of writing/editing proposals and reports are essential.
If you believe you fit the job and person profiles please send your application to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 16th August, 2012.