Zinduka Afrika an NGO is looking for a candidate to fill the position of an Accounts Assistant for our office in Kiambu.
Ensure that the Project operations are supported by efficient and effective financial management systems and procedures and that all funds are properly utilized and accounted for and project assets well maintained and recorded.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of cheque and cash payment vouchers, taking them for authority to pay and issuing out cheques.
- Procurement of standard items and consumables for the project office
- Handling all project daily cash transactions and keeping petty cash float.
- Maintenance of stores ledger
- Maintenance of capital (asset) items inventory
- Responsible for the processing of payroll for the Officers .
- Preparation of financial reports
- Handling the payments of statutory and other payroll deductions
- Undertaking banking duties and collecting funds for the organization.
- Support in the handling all Insurance matters as relates to the office.
- Data entry for bank reconciliation statements in the accounting software.
- CPA 2 with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience preferably an NGO
- Be conversant with accounting systems such as quick books, sage and computer literates with certificates in relevant computer package.
N/B: Residence of Kiambu County are encouraged to apply .
A Cover letter quoting your Current and Expected Salary and detailed CV with three referees should be sent to the Administration and Human Resource Manager, Zinduka Afrika or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th of August 2012.