Exciting Career Opportunity at Family Bank
We are looking for dynamic, proactive professional with strong credential and relevant work experience to fill the position of Head of Retail Banking
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the purpose of the job will be to deliver impressive retail income revenues by offering leadership that is supported by accelerated business growth and development, good customer service experience and quality retail products and services.
He or she will also manage retail banking staff under a competitive performance based reward system through the Performance Management tools of the Balanced Score Card.
- Retail Business Growth and Development (Mass Market, Micro, Affluent, SMEs), Development and cascades of retail banking budgets, Customer Acquisition and Retention, Market Research, New Product Development and Launches, Develop ideas and create sales opportunities for Family Bank, Develop and monitor Retail liability and Quality Asset Portfolios.
- Ensure strong cross-selling and channel utilization to drive business volumes and profitability,
- Contribute to and take a proactive role in the strategic direction of the bank. This includes ensuring that the bank’s objectives as relates to retail banking are met, Overall Management of the branch network to ensure superior service offering to all bank customer’s rationalization of operating costs and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ensure a culture of risk excellence is embedded in retail business and strict adherence to internal controls across all businesses in the function, Customer Care, constantly review Customer Care monitor and manage customer complains, review and maintain highest service standards, Ensure optimal utilization of the human capital within Retail.
- Head Office Units and branch network and equip the teams through trainings, mentorship and leadership coaching.
- Achieve Quality Audit ratings/Compliance across the Branch network/Head office Retail units
- Exercise leadership and influence.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Bachelor of Honors degree in Commerce/Business related field.
- Post graduate banking/other professional qualifications desired.
- A Masters Degree or MBA will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience with proven results oriented track record.
- Good appreciation and knowledge of recent retail banking market trends as well as challenges.
- Excellent people management skills, team motivation and leadership competence.
- Strong networking, sales and interpersonal skills.
- Must be adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, and Access, power-point, Internet and email.
- Understand the Banking Act and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) clearing procedures and prudential guidelines; high levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Understand and implement credit processes.
- Lending and customer care experience to create a balance between credit risk and customer service.
- An all-round banker.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality and integrity when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Management and leadership ability: Have excellent interpersonal, organizing and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with outstanding reporting skills.
- Must be adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, power-point, Internet and email.
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email email@example.com; closing date is 6th October 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”