Kimisitu Investment Company Limited (KICL) is a young company incorporated by members of Kimisitu Sacco Society Ltd, to meet their need in pursuing investments through pooling resources.
We are seeking a competent and highly motivated person to fill in the position of an Accountant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Overall responsibility in Financial Management of the company.
· Ensure maintenance of proper books of accounts and records.
· Develop and maintain adequate internal controls ,systems procedures, processes and policies..
· Carry out month end financial procedures
· Cash flow management
· Supervise accounting and ICT functions
· Preparation of management and financial reports with strict deadlines
· Preparation of detailed debtors aged analysis and follow up on payments
· Implement effective financial and accounting policies and procedures
· Apply effective financial accounting and reporting systems
· Co-ordinate the Company’s internal and external audits Customer Service from Financial perspective
· Prudent investment of KICL funds
· Budget preparation and monitoring
· Performance management of finance operations
· Provide support to all other functions to enhance organizational goals
· Monitoring, evaluation and improvement of internal controls
· Provide guidance to the CEO on financial decisions in KICL
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor of Commerce degree( Finance and/or Accounts Option)
· Professional qualification in Accounting (CPA or ACCA)
· Member of the professional body ICPAK
· Practical experience in use and management of a finance and project management system.
· Experience in use of Navision Software system is an added advantage
· At least 7 years’ experience carrying out finance management functions in a busy environment, 5 of which is in an investment company dealing in real estate and financial markets
· Good understanding of the internal and external policies systems and procedure of the organization
· Excellent report writing skills with high level of computing skills
· Holistic, innovative and Creative approach to addressing business challenges with the ability to understand and adapt quickly to changing customer expectations
· Excellent communication skills with exceptional interpersonal relationship management and client orientation.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize between tasks
· Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
Superb analytical and problem solving skills
If you are this person, kindly post your application and detailed CV, addressed to
The Chairman, KICL,
P.O Box 37159-00200
via email to: email@example.com
by close of business 13th June 2014.
Applications from job agencies or those with multiple attachments shall not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted