Vacancy: Mobile Applications Software Engineer.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Posting: 22-09-2014 until 03 -10-2014.
Starting Date: Immediate.
Who are we? Cellulant is a mobile commerce company. We operate Africa’s number one mobile commerce network and aim to connect 100 million customers to our mobile commerce ecosystem.
We are the mobile commerce partner of choice and our goal is to connect all of our corporate customers, including top Pan African banks, various merchants, to the richest mobile commerce ecosystem in Africa, helping them provide better communication, more services, and more value to their end consumers.
Cellulant was founded in 2003 and has currently operations in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana and every year moving into new countries.
To be able to meet these aggressive growth expectations we need to grow our dynamic team.
We invite you to be part of that growth by submitting your application to the following role.
Mobile Applications Software Engineer
She/he will develop software that offers users high-quality performance and reliability
- Estimate effort and time required to deliver a project.
- Prepare and document and share project plan.
- Analyse and critique requirements and make recommendations on possible solution designs.
- Make recommendations on possible solutions.
- Establish all possible options for designing and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers’ best interest.
- Research new technologies that push the boundaries and capabilities of design and provide insight.
- Design projects/products with longevity, foresight and saleability in mind.
- Assist in continual improvement of software configuration management process.
- Accountable for optimization-focused design to ensure that all code written is loosely coupled and caters for high availability.
- Accountable for efficiency-focused software that serves to ensure that all code is highly reusable and modular.
- Develop push and pull data interfaces using the latest web and data sharing technologies
- Develop software according to functional and technical design specifications and maintain a “common sense” approach that serves to recognize potential design gaps and provide insight into closing them
- Develop patches and defect fixes
- Arrange, prepare and execute training for other teams
- Author and maintain technical design documentation that fully defines all application code and the underlying methodology for the design decisions made.
- Author user documentation for any projects/products worked on.
- Prepare road-map documentation identifying key features that should be included in products.
- Provide feedback on test cases and test coverage to the quality assurance team.
- Review code for potential performance issues, re-usability, and/or anomalies
- Ensure that unit tests are written for all code
- Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed
- Ensure that the solution/products delivered meets the customers’ expectations “the promise”
- Assess, troubleshoot, document and resolve issues
- Troubleshoot client problems both remotely and on site
- Research and identify cause of reported defects and issues
- Develop and contribute to the improvement of maintenance procedures
- Adhere to the terms of the Operating Level Agreement.
- Recording of time and tasks
- Escalating and documenting any issues identified
- Ensure reports capture the four I’s (Information, Insight, Implementation, Impact)
- Consume analyse and critique reports within the team
Guidance and Mentoring
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Identify areas of improvement, prepare material and organize training within the team.
Who are you?
- 4+ years of professional mobile (Android , Objective C, C#) development experience.
- Expertise in the following programming languages e.g. Java, PHP, Android, Objective C, C#.
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or related fields of study.
- Excellent understanding of Software development methodologies and related SDLC’s
- Expertise in design disciplines and processes, experience in client server solution architecture, MVC Models, OOP and High performance solutions.
- Expertise in consuming public APIs for at least one public service.
- Expertise using collaborative software tools such as SVN, GIT, CVS, Mercurial, e.t.c
- Expertise in at least 2 database management systems e.g. MySql, Oracle, Postgresql.
- Expertise in solutions administration, customer engagement and issue resolution.
- Advanced skills in Office Tools for publishing and presentation preparation. In depth understanding of spreadsheet manipulation and reporting.
- Experience in system support, support processes, tools and reports.
What do we offer you? When working at Cellulant, you can expect to work on a diverse range of problems, with inspiring and creative colleagues. You will have ample opportunities for growth and career development, and we highly value continuous learning.
We offer you a challenging position in which you will be rewarded for performance.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process entails an oral interview stage, followed by a case study presentation and a final interview.
The deadline for application is October 3rd , 2014.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
Visit our website at www.cellulant.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or telephone: email@example.com or 0202606696.