Chai Sacco is a leading Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd with branches in Nairobi, Litein and Mombasa Counties.
We are looking for a self-driven and results-oriented person to fill the following position:-
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the holder of this position will be responsible for planning and coordinating ICT activities of the Sacco, to ensure timely availability and reliability of required services.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensure that all IT infrastructure and related applications, services are implemented and managed to meet the business’ requirements.
- Develop and manage a team as well as implement processes, systems and tools to provide timely and comprehensive support to internal business users on issues relating to IT systems and services.
- Ensure alignment to major IT standards to governing Support & operations
- Coordinate implementing all computerized information systems within Chai Sacco network.
- Implement computer systems in accordance with the business strategies.
- Liaise with the policy makers to determine hardware, software and access requirements for Chai Sacco staff members.
- Consult with the Management team, advising and assisting in design and training of Chai Sacco staff on the implementation of new ICT procedures, software or ICT changes within the Society’s core business.
- Create computer use best practices for Chai Sacco staff and coordinating sensitization on the same within the Society.
- Introduce new online platforms and technologies such as e-learning, online discussion forums, conference registration etc.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and expansion of social media strategy to raise the Society’s profile and market its activities.
- Ensure that all systems are integrated and operates efficiently in accordance with global IT guidelines.
- Ensure application of best practice in Service Delivery Models for Chai SACCO
- Co-ordinate training activities in office automation, hardware and software installation.
- Participate in preparation of budgets and implementation of effective controls to achieve financial targets.
- Responsible for the provision of ICT infrastructure services including desktop, laptops etc
- Drive adoption of ISO and ITIL into Business delivery models in Chai SACCO
- Formulation and review of disaster recovery plan
- Ensure proper maintenance of all electronic records
- Arranges for software maintenance services for packages and application systems as well as repairs and servicing of hard wares
- Formulation and implementation of ICT Policy
- Management of IT procurement as per the budget and society’s policies.
- Ensure development and analysis of relevant management reports on various key aspects of the department’s responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
The job holder must possess:
- Masters degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Five years work experience in a similar set up; at least 3 years of which should be in a senior leadership position
- CISA Certification
- Technical Knowledge in Software, Hardware installation, Systems Administration & Support, Service Management, Network Technology and Project Management.
- Experience in managing content and production for high traffic websites.
- Conceptual, analytical and creative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may submit their applications with a detailed CV, copies of their certificates, and names and contacts of three referees, expected remuneration and daytime telephone contacts to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Chai SACCO Society Ltd,
4th Floor, KTDA Plaza,
P.O Box 278-00200,
Application deadline: Tuesday, 30th December 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Chai Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.