Vacancy: Global Solutions Architect
About our organization: The One Corporate System (OCS) is an initiative to implement a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system using UNIT4 Business World (formerly known as Agresso) in nine (9) Centres and the Consortium Office from the CGIAR consortium of International Agricultural Research Centres.
A shared service, called the Operations Support Unit (OSU), has been set up to manage the operations and further develop the OCS project. The OSU is hosted by the World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) which is one of the OCS member Centres.
The CGIAR consortium conducts research is in more than 90 countries around the world. Its work contributes to the global effort to tackle poverty, hunger and major nutrition imbalances, and environmental degradation. The research is financed by many donors including the multi-donor CGIAR trust fund.
About the position: The Global Solutions Architect will work for the Operations Support Unit (OSU) of the OCS project. The position will be located at one of the OCS member headquarter offices to be agreed before appointment.
The OCS initiative has implemented UNIT4 Business World (UBW).
A single solutions design was developed with each member adding local configuration where necessary.
The project is now moving into the operations and continual improvement phase.
The Global Solutions Architect will:
- Work with OCS Centres in the redesign and further improvement of their business processes using best practices that maintain the consistency and integrity of the OCS solution
- Identify business processes that can be mapped to a common design to be used by the OCS members to enhance the common build and technical configuration.
- Provide project management that will bring together resources from the OCS members with 3rd party experts, to build and implement future OCS developments.
- Develop, drive and maintain architectural standards, best practices and guidelines for the OCS project, which will include maintaining the integrity of the common base build, common coding structures and control lists.
- Provide technical input for the System Design Authority (SDA) when evaluating Centres’ requests for changes to the base build, to customise the system or for changes that could affect the ability to work together in future
- Manage the OSU team that provides 2nd level application support to the OCS members and deciding when issues should be escalated to a 3rd party for expert support
- Ensure that all solutions and documentation are shared with all OCS members, to prevent duplication of effort and resources.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems or related fields with the right level of experience
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage
- Certification in Project management, ERP implementation or business processes is desirable
- At least 10 years of experience working with enterprise business processes and systems and 5 years implementing and developing UNIT4 Business World (formally Agresso Business World)
- Expert knowledge of the UNIT4 Business World for use in the design, configuration and development of the product
- Ability to understand, design and improve business processes for use in the development of solution designs or to solve complex issues
- Experience with project methodologies and practices such as SDLC or Agile
- Ability to explain and communicate with UNIT4 Business World experts to precisely describe issues and solutions
- Experience in managing virtual teams
- Must have good people and institutional management skills in order to influence OCS stakeholders to collaborate and work together to implement common processes, and to coordinate a dispersed application support team
- Is a team player but with the ability to initiate ideas and actions
- Can work independently as the expert in their field of work
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Effectively manages and communicates with colleagues and OCS stakeholders at all levels in many locations around the world
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously by delegating responsibilities and prioritizing effectively to consistently meet deadlines
- Fluency in oral and written English.
Terms of Offer: We offer a collegial, diverse and gender-sensitive working environment, and we strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
This position is remunerated on International terms.
The appointment will be for an initial period of three (3) years, subject to a nine (9) months’ probation period.
How to Apply
Applications will be considered until 19th August 2015.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.