Our Client, a Kindergarten based on Kiambu Road, offers an integrated program that fosters the cognitive and social development of every child through fun lessons and activities, guided by highly trained teachers.
Children are prepared for primary school by learning exceptional skills that promote academic fulfillment and a love of learning.
An exciting opportunity has risen at a Kindergarten for the position of Head Teacher.
Job Purpose: Under the direction of the Directors, the Head Teacher will oversee and direct the planning, organizing, and implementation of education services for children.
In addition, the position will perform to part time classroom teacher duties which include developing and implementing individual educational plans for children.
The position will also be in charge of Teaching staff, Support staff and Students.
- Formulate overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation
- Maintain the oversight role on teachers' lesson plans, schedules, room arrangements and portfolio assessments to assure their accordance with requirements
- Work with school directors to deploy staff effectively and manage the recruit of new staff
- Ensure the school is up-to-date with sector innovations, from teaching practices to new technologies, as well as develop creative and responsive approaches to teaching and learning
- Manage accommodation (e.g. classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and Health & Safety requirements
- Assume responsibility for other legal matters in the day-to-day running of the school
- Sustain staff performance management effective systems and incorporate teachers’ appraisals and targets for School’s achievement
- Meet with other education professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school in the local community and nationwide
- Manage school stakeholders and maintain a positive relationship with parents and families of each child and keep them updated and ensure their involvement in school events and activities
- Report on the school’s performance to a range of audiences e.g. Directors, Parents
- Establish and maintain links or partnerships with businesses.
- Assess, organize and execute flexible curriculum and effective assessment framework.
Job Qualifications and core competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development (ECD). A professional qualification in ECD will also be considered.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in kindergarten management and/or supervision
- Familiarity with Montessori system
- Knowledge and experience in the philosophy and practices of child development programs, and early childhood education
- Working experience in MS-Office software is essential; and
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
If you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please email a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th August 2015.
Please provide details of your current and expected remuneration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.