Position: ECD Teacher
Reports to: Headmistress
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The jobholder is responsible for childcare duties at on-site daycare center accurately, efficiently, and following all guidelines.
- Assists in development and execution of plans for the Daycare; performing routine and non-routine tasks.
- Organize, implement, coordinate, and control services of the childcare program
- Set up and maintain an organized and clutter free environment safe for the children
- Supervising children/infants at all times
- Oversee the assigned daycare attendants
- Responsible for submitting and implementing a weekly themed lesson plan
- Carry out proper child guidance
- Carry out home visits to the respective children’s home to ascertain proper child care and rearing continues within the household
- Cleaning and maintaining a safe environment for children
- Assisting in feeding the children during meals set up
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Coordinate parent partnership plan to ensure effective child care and protection among the caregivers/parents
- High level of motivation, organization, honesty, commitment and professional responsibility
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development
- At least 1 year experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents
- Be respectful
- Child friendly with no previous record of child abuse
- Be flexible
- Team oriented
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 31st October 2016.