Jacaranda Health is a new venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa.
We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We have launched our first clinics in Nairobi this year, and plan to expand to other locations in the region.
Jacaranda Health is seeking a Technology Associate to support the use of technology in a range of applications.
This person will help us become a global pioneer in technology-supported health delivery.
We rely on IT to communicate with the women we serve, support our clinicians, and understand our social impact.
We want to assemble a portfolio of technologies (including mobile apps, medical record systems, and decision support tools) by using open source software, working with technology partners and consultants, and where feasible developing in-house solutions.
- Serve as project manager for various technology initiatives, ensuring that all necessary development and deployment steps happen on schedule
- With support from the management team, manage relationships with external software providers and developers
- Based on individual capabilities, serve as in-house coder for development projects we can handle internally
- Perform data analysis on Jacaranda operations, including clinical performance and business results
- Ensure smooth functioning of IT resources at Jacaranda, troubleshoot problems, procure new equipment as needed
- Maintain Jacaranda web presence
- Degree in computer science or similar
- 2-3 years of development and/or product management experience from a leading technology company
- Hunger to learn new skills and programming languages and ability to do so quickly
- Highly organized: able to determine priorities and juggle multiple deadlines
- Highly resourceful, independent, and self-starting
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain technologies to external audiences
- Flexible and easy-going enough to work in a fluid, startup environment in Nairobi
- Desired: Experience working with open-source electronic medical records systems, deep knowledge of Java, OOP, and Android development
Interested candidates may apply by:
First, complete the online form available by clicking here Jacaranda Health Technology Associate Application Form or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/APq6J.
After completing the application, please also submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered. No calls please.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.
Preference will be given to applications submitted by July 27th, 2012.