For over 45 years and in 146 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI / VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 97 projects in 38 countries and revenues of over $140 million.
We are currently seeking a Head Driver/Technician for the Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands-Accelerated Growth (REGAL-AG) project, funded by USAID.
This project will identify, integrate and sustain humanitarian investments that prove to be effective in sustainably increasing resilience and reducing the need for recurrent humanitarian assistance, and to build on these investments to accelerate sustainable economic growth.
The goal of REGAL-AG is to foster an inclusive livestock value chain that increases pastoralists’ resilience and stimulates economic growth in several Kenyan counties and beyond.
The Head Driver/Technician is responsible for ensuring that car maintenance work is done and monitored as per the reports of the drivers and is responsible for providing safe, reliable and efficient vehicle transportation according to the needs of the REGAL-AG program.
- Determine safe and efficient driving routes for transportation of personnel and goods
- Schedule and oversee—in coordination with the Office and Logistics Manager—the work of all other REGAL-AG project drivers
- Assist with daily business errands and the photocopying of office documents
- Maintain accurate vehicle logs
- Manage the service and oil changing schedule for all vehicles
- Maintain clean conditions inside vehicles
- Carry out routine bus safety check and report needed repairs
- Assist in inspection and diagnosis of any worn or defective parts on vehicles
- Assist in repairing basic field mechanical malfunctions of vehicles before sending the car for workshop maintenance
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of program vehicles
- Assist with the delivery of documents and receipt of procurements into the office
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Office and Logistics Manager and senior staff
- Ensure strict compliance with ACDI/VOCA Employee Policy Manual, particularly regarding security procedures; use of a cell phone/PDA while driving; vehicle usage policy
- At least three year certificate training in motor vehicle mechanics
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- At least two (2) years of experience in a similar occupation or with off road vehicle manufacturers (Land cruiser, Land Rover, Rangers)
- Fluency in English required
To be considered for this recruitment, please e-mail your resume to REGALAG@joinav.org.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Only finalists contacted.
Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Please apply by close of business, August 30, 2012.