The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not-for-profit, international University first established in 1983, with 13 teaching sites in eight countries. It is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin.
Since 2001, AKU has offered academic programmes in nursing, medicine and education for and in countries in East Africa.
Associate Registrar, East Africa
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Associate Registrar will provide leadership to the Registrar’s Office staff in East Africa, focusing on registrarial and academic administrative support to the academic units in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of registrarial responsibilities in East Africa.
Major functions will include:
- Managing student recruitment and admission of both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Managing student records and the production of official academic transcripts.
- Acting as the Registrar’s representative and provide secretariat services to East Africa-based academic committees.
- Leading the management of the Student Information and Administration System in East Africa.
- Supporting the Registrar in the evaluation and monitoring of University policies and programmes in East Africa.
- Coordinating Convocation ceremonies in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Acting as the liaison for Alumni Affairs Office and East Africa-based alumni associations.
The ideal candidate will possess a master’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised university and have at least seven years work / management experience in the post secondary milieu, preferably within an academic registry.
The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and team-building skills and proactively provide registrarial services that are efficient and supportive to the teaching and learning environments across all academic units.
Occasional travel will be required.
The incumbent will have the ability to communicate effectively in both English and Kiswahili.
Please send your curriculum vitae; copies of academic qualifications; and copies of professional certificates to the
Regional Manager, Human Resources and Administration,
Aga Khan University – Advanced Nursing Studies Programme,
P.O. Box 39340 - 00623, Parklands Nairobi
by August 31, 2012.
For further details about the University or the position please visit www.aku.edu