The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service.
Its work is based on the Quaker belief in the worth of every person and faith in the power of love to overcome violence and injustice.
We have a vacancy for a Training Facilitator with the following summary of duties and responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for and proactively drive the assessment, design, development and effective delivery of training for AFSC’s institutional partners
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other members of the AFSC Somalia team and partner organizations by developing a training framework and strategy
- Facilitate training for partners focusing on youth and culture of peace, leadership, livelihood, and trauma healing and reconciliation; constantly improve skill sets and quality of program performance through ongoing training
- Keep abreast of the training initiatives by partner organizations operating inside Somalia and monitor performance to ensure effectiveness of training delivery & content through formal and ongoing validation process
Qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, international affairs, peace/ conflict studies, sociology or related field
- Minimum of 3-5years experience in training at the community level
- Strong writing, presentation, interpersonal, facilitation, leadership, and communication skills
- Experience in strategic planning, program design, and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in developing competency-based training packages and working with communities
- Proficiency in the English, Somali and computer literacy
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and meeting deadlines
The American Friends Service Committee is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applications including the CV, motivation letter, salary history and 3 references (one being the current employer) should be addressed to the undersigned on or before September 7, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
P.O. Box 66448 – 00800
P.O. Box 66448 – 00800
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org