Export Processing Zones Authority is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament Cap 517 of the laws of Kenya to oversee all aspects of development of Export Processing Zones (EPZs) in Kenya.
The economic objectives of the EPZ program include employment creation, export diversification/expansion, investment attraction, technology transfer and backward linkages between the EPZs and domestic suppliers.
The Authority has the following vacant position:
Job Ref: EPZA/HR/ICT-M/10/2012
The incumbent will be a highly motivated professional who shall report to the General Manager, Finance and Administration and shall be responsible for the development of efficient and effective ICT systems within the Authority.
Key Responsibility Areas
The successful candidate shall be responsible for management of ICT services for the Authority including;
- Formulation, interpretation and application of ICT policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Development, implementation and management of computerized information systems;
- Preparing ICT technical specifications;
- Undertaking feasibility studies of proposed ICT systems;
- Ensuring systems integrity, availability and security;
- Ensuring proper functioning of all systems in the Authority;
- Website development and maintenance;
- Maintaining a backup system for all the data in the Authority;
- System configuration and provision of technical support;
- Trouble-shooting of all systems in the Authority;
- Provision of hardware and software support services; and
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
The candidate aspiring for the post of ICT Manager shall have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Microsoft Computer Systems Eng./Administrator or Computer Network Analysis or its equivalent;
- Satisfactorily served in a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations for at least three (3) years;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills;
- A high degree of integrity and dependability
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet strict deadlines
- Self-Driven with a “can-do”, “will-do” type of personality
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to confidently communicate at senior management level
- Ability to drive change in a dynamic environment;
- Strong management, leadership and negotiation skills;
- Team building skills with the ability to uphold collective responsibility.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Salary Package and Terms of Service: Highly attractive salary packages commensurate with competencies will be offered to successful candidates.
The successful candidate for ICT Manager Position will be engaged on permanent and pensionable terms.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should:
i. Suitably qualified candidates should submit ten  copies of their applications together with updated curriculum vitae, certified true copies of certificates and current remuneration pay slips. Applications should be forwarded to the following address not later than 12th September, 2012:The Chairman
Board of Directors
Export Processing Zones Authority
P.O. Box 50563 - 00200