Field Outreach Assistant (G-5)
Outreach Unit, Public Information and Documentation Section, Registry
Vacancy Announcement No: 2026EE-RE
Deadline for Applications: 20 August 2012
Duties & Responsibilities:
The locally recruited Field Outreach Assistant is expected to provide support to the Field Outreach Coordinator for Kenya in executing the outreach strategies at the local level.
He/she will conduct outreach activities and will assist in developing strategies and action plans relevant to various phases of the judicial proceedings, establish close contacts and partnerships with NGOs, community leaders, local media and educational institutions.
1. Completion of secondary education.
2. At least six years of relevant work experience.
3. Initiative, adaptability in stressful situations.
4. Ability to operate databases.
5. Demonstrated skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural and multiethnic environment.
6. Strong communication skills (spoken and written), including ability to draft/compile a variety of written communications products and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style.
7. Ability to effectively communicate information to the public; ability to establish and maintain effective business connections.
Knowledge of languages:
The working languages of the Court are English and French. For this position fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of Kenyan Swahili will be considered an asset.
To read the complete text of this vacancy announcement and to apply, please consult the recruitment pages of the ICC website at: www.icc-cpi.int.
All candidates have to complete a profile in the eRecruitment system in order to apply for this vacancy. In case of a problem when accessing the system please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.