Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
IR-Kenya program seeks to recruit the following position:
Finance Officer - Accounting
Duty Station: Wajir
Under the administrative supervision of the Area manager and technical supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance officer’s overall responsibility will be to maintain donors’ budget files along with proposal, accounts, including books, registers, vouchers and other documents relating to all receipts and disbursement with proper supporting documents, as well as, office management duties.
Detailed Duties & Responsibility:
- Ensure that the payment function is smooth running and suppliers are paid on time.
- The vouchers that the Finance Assistants prepares for payment are as per IR Standards.
- Ensure that bank reconciliation are up-to date and signed off and also check any long outstanding cheques and take action to resolve and manage it.
- Ensure that bank opening are properly documented, and signatories are updated and with proper approval from Nairobi/HQ.
- Ensure the staffs advances are adjust on time and in case of not adjustment in reasonable 15 days.
- Ensure that IRK is following all the legality on payments for staff and suppliers.
- Ensure that IR K Wajir sends their fund request to Nairobi accordingly to avoid field offices running out of cash.
- Ensure that money receivable and payable are managed on time.
- Spend the donor funds according to the funds requests submitted to Nairobi.
- Recording Incomes from Nairobi are updated in the system accordingly.
- Ensure that all necessary documents are appropriately filled with clear marking between cash and bank transactions.
- Responsible for reviewing data entry into the finance software.
- Ensure that all vouchers are well approved before payments/posting
- Ensure the field finance assistant is properly trained and they are building there capacity during on job training.
- University Degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other relevant fields
- CPA Part II
- Three years or more experience in audits, financial management and reporting, budgeting and accounting
- Experience in working for a humanitarian organization,
- Experience in the preparation of multi-donor Financial Reports
- Ability to work in a team with minimum supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- High degree of integrity and discretion in personal conduct
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Good level of attention to detail
How to Apply:
Send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
To reach us not later than Friday 21st September, 2012, clearly mentioning the position you are applying for.
CVs will be screened on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.