Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
IR-Kenya program seeks to recruit the following position:
Human Resources Assistant
Duty Station: Wajir and Mandera
Under the supervision of the Area manager administratively and Human Resource Coordinator technically, the Human Resources Assistant will assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
The HR assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, and employment.
- Provide general office support services; draft and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communication including letters of introduction of staff to various institutions;
- Assist in the recruitment process i.e. receiving applications of various positions as advertised, compiling summary of the shortlisted candidates, organizing for the interview venue etc; at the field level.
- Update the staff list for resignations, transfers, change of designation and new staff;
- Ensure that enquiries in HR office are dealt with promptly and courteously;
- Follow-up on performance appraisals and ensure they are done on time as scheduled;
- Manage and alert the HRC on confirmations, expiry of contracts etc
- Prepare and manage contracts for casual staff as advised by the HRC
- Coordinate the exit/clearing process of staff who resign or their services terminated;
- Manage staff welfare initiatives and assist in staff benefits management;
- Information management & archiving/ filing for HR related issues
- HR administration, such as Staff ID, social contributions, staff leave follow up
Minimum job requirements:
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources from a recognized institution
- Bachelors Degree will an added advantage
- 1 to 2 years prior experience in a similar job in a busy environment
- Perform any other Duty assigned by line manager
- Attention to detail;
- Change agility (flexible);
- High level of confidentiality;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Computer literacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good personal organizational skills
How to Apply:
For a detailed Job description on the positions kindly visit our website. www.islamicreliefkenya.org
Send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To reach us not later than Friday 21st September, 2012, clearly mentioning the position you are applying for.
CVs will be screened on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted