HOPE worldwide Kenya
- 1 in Kajiado County/based in Kitengela;
- 1 in Uasin Gishu / Marakwet Counties / Based in Eldoret
General Description of Role:
The County Coordinator reports to the Rift Valley Program Manager and supervises the Clinical Officer, EBI Team Lead and the HTC/PwP Team Lead within their county.
The County Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementation and monitoring of comprehensive HIV (prevention) services/activities in their regions.
S/he participates in the sub-county and county health forums and planning/review meetings and acts as link persons for the organization to the government and other stakeholders at the county and sub-county level to ensure harmonization with, and support of GoK/County plans.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overall Activity Coordination of Comprehensive HIV Prevention Services and Evidence-Based/Informed Interventions among sex workers and MSM
- Participating in county level planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of HIV Prevention services
- Coordination/working with and to support the sub-county and county HIV Prevention services
- Ensure that all HIV services provided meet the minimum package of services as per the national standards
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager provide technical, financial and administrative leadership in the planning, implementation and reporting of comprehensive and evidence informed HIV Prevention activities in the County.
- Support in creating and strengthening linkages and networks between HIV Prevention programs and HIV Care and Treatment programs to ensure continuum of care for HIV infected individuals.
- Conduct on-site monitoring visits and provide technical support and guidance on planning, implementation and reporting of comprehensive HIV prevention interventions.
- Support and participate in the development, implementation, and review of county plans to foster ownership and sustainability of HIV prevention activities
- Facilitate building the capacity of HIV prevention service providers and community members to offer quality HIV prevention services by providing opportunities for training and mentorship activities.
- Conduct monthly program review meetings in the respective county to assess program progress, working strategies and share lessons learned.
- Participate in the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
The minimum required academic and professional skills for the job holder to perform successfully in this position include:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Clinical medicine or Nursing; a holder of a higher diploma in nursing and or clinical medicine with more than 3 years’ experience in a similar position will be considered.
- At least two years’ clinical background working with HIV service provision, EBI interventions and combination prevention.
- Post graduate qualifications in Public health, Health Management, Project management (project design, leadership and management, organizational development) or related field is an added advantage
- Proven ability to collaborate with counterparts including GoK, NGOs, CBOs and other partner-supported projects.
- Must have a good understanding of management and coordination of services by GoK at County/District level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Computer literacy in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with practical experience in the use of electronic communications including email, internet, etc.
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, and excellent report writing skills
Kindly visit our website http://hopewwkenya.org (at menu navigate to Get Involved then Careers) on how to apply.
The closing date for all applications is 23rd October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.