Store Keeper Job Description
Our client is one of the top lodges in the Masai Mara. Part of an international brand the company offers international standards of pay and employee benefits. As a world renowned provider of the best in quality and service our client is looking for a store keeper with a high level of integrity to manage all the stock control for the onsite store. The position comes with great responsibility but also great potential for growth in a fantastic international company.
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, administers the operations of a store. Receives, verifies and sells merchandise. Provides information to and assists customers. Prepares purchase requisitions. Maintains inventory. Maintains files and prepares reports.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees and administers the operations of a store. Receives, identifies and verifies merchandise.
2. Maintains inventory. Uses inventory management software. Prepares purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock. Contacts suppliers or searches catalogues to determine price and additional details concerning new items.
3. Makes claims with transport companies if delivered merchandise has been damaged.
4. Maintains files appropriate to the activities of the unit, such as invoices, order number, receiving date, shipping date, etc. Prepares reports.
5. Verifies ledgers, statements and supporting documents.
6. Communicates with others in order to receive or transmit information.
7. Handles and stores merchandise or special products that require some knowledge of spontaneous combustion, toxicity, fragility, rapid deterioration, contamination, etc.
8. According to requirements and established procedures, arranges stock. In case of emergency or in order to replace outdated material, suggests substitutes available in the store.Controls and carries out the lending and renting of tools, equipment, furnishings, and devices. Ensures that they are kept in good condition and that they are repaired or replaced as necessary.