Land O’Lakes - International Development is a division of Land O’Lakes, Inc., a U.S. food and agricultural cooperative that implements humanitarian and economic development activities for donor agencies.
Land O’Lakes - International Development invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
The Program Accountant will be responsible for the accounting and financial reporting aspects of the program and will act as a business partner to the Chief of Party.
She/he will support the Chief of Party in executing day-today administrative functions, in addition to working closely with the Grants and Operations Manager to manage the grants under contract component of the program.
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya, and reports directly to the Chief of Party with a dotted reporting line to the Regional Accounting Manager.
The key responsibilities for the position are:
- Preparation of program budgets and forecast reports.
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial reports for the program.
- Completion of financial analyses for the program and provision of timely financial information to the program team.
- Provision of administrative support and coordination of program procurement.
- Ensuring program compliance with donor regulations, government requirements and Land O’Lakes policies.
- Liaison with the regional accounting team to strengthen the internal control environment.
- Conduct of grantee audits.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Commerce from a recognized University, in addition to fully completed CPA or ACCA professional qualifications.
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting and financial management within an international development organization.
- Demonstrated experience working on US Government funded programs will be distinctly advantageous.
- Competency in use of computer and accounting software; knowledge of Deltek Costpoint accounting system will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with grant accounting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and proactively as a team member with little day-to-day oversight.
- Strong inter-personal skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented and result-driven, with ability to effectively work with people of different cultures.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor tasks.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving ability.
Applications for this position should be sent to email@example.com no later than Friday 3rd August 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.