Job Title: Sales Representative
Reports To: Director
Salary: On Commission
To sell insurance to consumers by finding interested consumers (called leads) and presenting them with their sales pitch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Call on policy holders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
Skills and Interests.
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Hardworking and enthusiastic.
- Tremendous interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with customers on the phone and in-person.
- Good computer skills
- Being positive and amicable
- Being honest and trustworthy
- Minimum diploma in Sales and Marketing from a recognized institution
- 2 years experience in sales preferably in Insurance policy will be an advantage.
- Age: preferably between 27yrs and 34yrs.
Those fulfilling the requirements of the positions should email their application together with a detailed CV, indicating your availability via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on the Subject line clearly indicate the position you are applying for, not later than 10th August, 2012.